Monday, December 1, 2008

More crochet

This weekend I was busy doing some crocheting. I decided to make a friend of mine a Colorful Carryall for crochet hooks. The pattern was on a newsletter called talking crochet. I am going to put different size hooks in it and give it to her for Christmas. When I talked to her last, she was making mittens and hats and I ask her what size hook was she using. She told me that she only has one size. Well we can't have that can we lol...

Here is a picture of the outside. I used scrap yarn for the colors.
I tried to show the inside with a few of my
hooks. I really don't like the tie idea I did for closing the case.
Please give me some ideas. The pattern of course says to make crochet buttons and loops. I want to do something different. Maybe put a button on it, but I'm not sure
how to make a button hole. HELP!!!
I was suppose to bowl tonight, but we cancelled it do to the weather. Lots... of snow. So I guess more crocheting for me. yeah.
Take care and keep warm.
Therese

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great gift idea! Nice work too! Instead of a button hole make a button loop. Just start a chain on the other flap, make it long enough to wrap around the button and back to the back flap, attach with a sc weave in end and viola. Button and loop closure.