Saturday, December 27, 2008

Help

I am trying to add, I think there called widgets, to my blog. I got a clock and I got it to go to my blog, but I don't like where it is at. How do I move it? Also ghost you have a neat thing on your blog that I like. It is about mother and daughter. I got for Christmas a calendar from my granddaughter that has some sayings on them everyday and I would like to put them on line for you all to read, how....
Please help me.....
hugs
Therese

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At the top of your blog page on the right are some links that will help you. Click on Customize. That should take you to a page where you can set your layout as you want it. On the right is a list of things you have on your sidebar. At the top of that list is a box that says "Add a Gadget". If you click on that box a small window will open for you giving you choices of what you want to add. For my top box with the sayings I chose the 10th one down which is called "Text". If you click on that your window will change and give you a new box that you can put a title in, ex: "Calendar Sayings" or anything you want to name it at the top of the box. Then in the large window you type in the saying you want to display. But be warned, it does not change on it's own. You have to go in each day or month, however often you want to change it, and change it yourself. Once you have what you want in the box click on SAVE at the bottom of the box and it will add it to your sidebar.

Now positioning of your gadget boxes. Notice while you are in the customize window that all the boxes on your side bar have a small edge to them on the left hand side of the box. If you click this area hold and drag the box to where you want it, then release the box will stay where you put it. Then click SAVE again when you have it where you want it. If you look at your blog you will see that it is not repositioned.

Now finally to remove a box you no long want you have to click EDIT on the box that you want to remove. At the bottom left is a blue box that says remove. Click that then click save again on the customize page again and it will be gone. If you need more help just email me. I will try and help further.