Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year

I hope everybody's having a wonderful New Year so far. Mine so far is not to bad. I have started a few projects. I have started a scarf for the Bridge Project (which is just about finished) It would have been done last night if I didn't have to rip it out. I made it to big the first and second time lol.... I think I have it now. I also am still working on the snowflake blanket. I started a mile a minute blanket for my husband. Who is having a birthday on the 24th of this month. He will be 50. I also have started another round ripple blanket for one of my granddaughters, I will have 2 more to make after that one. Busy busy busy..... I guess it just might keep me out of trouble, or maybe not. lol....
New Years eve we went to the bowling alley and brought in the New Year there. We had to bring a dish to pass and we bowled 6 games. The games were not just regular bowling. We did scotch doubles all but the last 2 games. Scotch doubles is where 1 person throws the first ball and the second person picks up what ever is left. It was a lot of fun.
I have a question about the scarfs and items for the bridge project. When you make the items and you use red heart yarn, (that's mostly what I have) do you use 1 skein or 2 skeins at a time.
I don't want to make them not warm enough.
Well today, as long as they don't call me into work, I will be taking done the Christmas tree and things and straighting up a bit. And of course crocheting. So I better get a move on.
You all take care and have a wonderful day.
Therese

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

First you use one skein but can use two if you like. One will make a nice warm scarf. Second, happy early birthday to hubby. Third. You sure are staying full of projects.I like it like that! I notice your bottom clock is still there. I did leave a note for you about some of the things you wanted help with. Did you get them?

Therese said...

I did try to remove it the way you said, by trying to edit and then delete it. But the clock won't go away.

Anonymous said...

Hi, love your snowman. Edit and then a new window will open with the code in the window. You have to hit the remove button on the box at the bottom not just try to delete the code. That will take away the entire window, clock and all. My private email is hoppinhooks@earthlink.net

Sandy said...

New Years sounds fun. I used to enjoy bowling; but it's something I've not done in years.

Happy Early Birthday to hubby.

Your choice on double thread or single for scarfs etc. for The Bridge Project. I've received and made both. Depending on hook or needle size and stitch used a single can still be nice and warm. Thanks for helping us with the cause.

Have a great week,
Sandy