Friday, January 9, 2009

scarf and mittens




Well here is the start of the mittens, and I did a scarf so far, for the bridge project. I will tell you that I thought these mittens were really big. I tried on the grey mittens and they fit me good and I had my husband try on the grey ones and they fit ok but he said they were a little tight but ok. I then made the red one and that one it way to big for me but it fit him great. So great that he ask me to make him a black pair. I have the other red mitten almost done. Here is a picture of the projects so far. The first set I made (the grey ones) I used a H hook. The red one I used an I hook what a big difference huh...
Well I'm going to call it a night for now.
Good night
hugs
Therese

5 comments:

Sandy said...

Much excitement and dancing here to see you're making such good progress with mittens. We truly need them for our Bridge Project. Which pattern are you using? Looks like it might be the one I'm currently working on, or very similar.

Also noticed, you're blog has a new look. Very nice indeed. Where did you get your cute little snowman? And, is it my imagination, or did you change the name of your blog?

Hugs
Sandy

Therese said...

Sandy, I got the snowman from
www.gifanimations.com. Another blogger named Cheri had some really cool animations on her blog and she was very nice to share with me.
Also the pattern I'm using for the mittens is one I downloaded a while ago. It's called Crochet Mitten's for the family. I'm guessing the site was called Yarn Lover's Room.???

Anonymous said...

Great work Therese! I know my mittens seemed so big too but then I guess we don't realize how big a man's hands really are.

June said...

I just wanted to compliment your mittens, also. I kind of got "burned out" on making mittens, but yours look like they'd be fun. I'll see if I can find the pattern. Thanks.

Sandy said...

Me, stopping back in to say hi and see what you're up to. Soon to head to work and then it will be the wkend! YIPPEE.

Have a great wkend.
Sandy