I was browsing through an old Woman's World magazine the other day and thought this was sort of interesting. It was about hobbies and what they reveal about you. There was of course knitting and crocheting. Here is what is said,
You're a detail-oriented Einstein!
What do you have in common with the famed genius? A disciplined, inventive mind! Studies prove the mental gymnastics involved in creating intricate patterns("knit one, purl two" sound familiar?) tap into the mathematical part of your brain. In fact, the field of geometry is thought to have begun when the ancients first recognized repeating patterns in woven baskets! With such a long pedigree of wisdom behind your favorite hobby, is it any wonder you're a lighting-fast learner with Einsteinian powers of concentration?
I found that sort of a neat article.
Well off to work I go. Hope you all have a wonderful day.
Therese
2 comments:
I sure don't think of myself as all that. I crochet or knit period.
I never considered myself to be an Einstein. By the way...I notices your location. I spent my summers in Lewiston...where my Aunt and Uncle lived by the Big Twin Lake...with the slides. Those were awesome days...Love Your Blog...
Debeeedo aka Debi
Post a Comment