Monday, September 7, 2009

labor day

Hope everybody's weekend was good. I had off all weekend and today. I of course didn't get much done. I did a little house work and some crocheting but not a lot.
I have been working on hats. I'm going to send them to the bridge project. A wonderful friend of mine is going to pay for the postage. She wanted to help. I'm hoping to have it mailed by Wednesday. Does the hats have to be a certain size? Some of the hats I've made seem a little big for me and a few a little to small.
Bowling season is starting. My husband and I are on a Thursday night league together. It is alot of fun. We have been bowling on that league for 3 weeks now. He bowls Tues and Friday also. I bowl on Monday's. I'm the treasure/ secretary. We don't start our Monday night league until this coming Monday. School is starting tomorrow for the kids in our area. I know some states have alright started school. Most of the kids are pretty excited about going back. But we all know that will come to an end in about a few months. Just like bowling. It's alot of fun at first but by the time the season is 3/4 over you don't really want to do it anymore.
Well it's time to call it a night, I'm watching Castle and going to crochet.
Take care
Therese

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow, thats a lot of bowling you and hubby do. Almost every night. I haven't bowled in years, though I did enjoy it when we had a team a work one night a week.

Thanks for your well wishes and prayers for Rae and her family, much appreciated.

Hats can be almost any size, the people we are surving vary in size. How sweet of your friend to help by way of paying the postage. There are really lots of ways people can help. Give her my thanks as well.

To add our badge to your page (by the way, love the new cool of your page), right click on the badge on my page and save it to your computer.

Then go to layouts on your blog and click add gadget. Select picture and locate it on your computer by clicking browse. One you've done that add the url from The Bridge in the space provided which make the badge a link back to the Bridge. the url is http"//homelessbridge.blotspot.com/ that should do it. If you have trouble let me know.

Thanks
Sandy

Yarnjeannie said...

Hi, Therese
I hope you received the crocheted bags pattern book. I asked my husband to mail it out for me. If you haven't received it, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jeanne

SANDY said...

Visiting all team members this am and am thrilled to see you were successful at adding our badge to your page. Way to go, and Thanks!
Sandy